.

.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

"JM" IS AN ALBUM FULL OF SASS AND MELANCHOLY



EACH TRACK DESCRIPTION
Article and commentary after tracks description.
8/27/2015

MALIGNITY
I was angry about what happened to my first album and I was angry in general so I came up with an alter ego named Jonny Malignity. Malignity meaning malicious behavior or nature. I don't feel like that so much anymore but it is the name of the album after all and I had to have at least one political song! LOL

BAD LUCK
Initially meant to be an angry song too, it evolved into a quirky dance tune.

MILLIONAIRE
Millionaire is about a longing for being rich while also poking fun at and even insulting million and billionaires for in reality, most of them suck and are not the best citizens of our planet.

I HATE YOU
This is a remake of a "The Anonymous Musician" ANON - song from The Janella Jessica Show, wayyy back in 2013
Original Here >> LINK - It's a lament to my disgust with the whole concept of money but how we all want it. Sorry... you can't hear the new version until the album is released! ;)

TORTURE
This is probably my favorite track on the album. Rather R&B-ish, it's a song about a straight man in a relationship with a crazy woman and a tumultuous relationship.

AGAIN
ANON's last song and a remake, I've wanted to remake this song in better quality, and now I can! Plus, it's just a beautiful song about being humble.

FLY WITH THE ANGELS
This song is about my friend's very young daughter named Justice Spencer, who died from complications of Fanconi Anemia this year. I only met Justice twice but was so enamored by her and her mother's strength and I was very touched by her death. There has been a lot of death in my life this year and her's just pushed me over to an attitude of - Life is short, my life isn't that bad and it's time to cherish every moment in life, good and bad, instead of being miserable by it! I dedicated my last album to my mother because she inspired me and kept on me to continue with my music and is such a support for me and I dedicated Jonny Malignity to Justice because honestly, I probably wouldn't of finished this album if it wasn't for the inspiration I felt by her. Unfortunately, it took her death to make me fully realize this.

VESSEL
Vessel is a deep, slow song, that reflects on the whole purpose of life and that we ALL are born into a vessel, live life, and then die and our vessel goes back to the earth and our soul goes back to the higher plane that we originated from.

SAPPY
The lyrics are actually from a song called "Happy" that ANON did back in 2013 but the music composition is completely different - Midnight Express-esque, I renamed it "Sappy" because Pharrell stole the name of my damn song - ;)

WHITEBOY
"I'm just a whiteboy tryin' to make it in this world" - A song about my downfalls as a younger human but how I have evolved into a better person today.

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME THIS WAY
A Bypass Ratio remake, this song was a mixing and editing NIGHTMARE and it actually is the worst song on the album but it still has its charm and the album covers have already been made so, the song barely made the cut, but it made it. Original here>> LINK

STARSTRUCK
A relatively short ending to the album, it is basically Jonsona, longing for approval.
"Why can't you be starstruck... withhh meeee. I am a star."

I was aiming for a December release but I think the album may be complete by September so, late that month or in early October, Jonny Malignity should be released and singles and videos begin soon after. This was a labor of love and a much more pleasant experience that the making of my last album! To me, it's almost a masterpiece and by far the best work I have ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment