.

.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

EXEMPLIFY WAS LIKE A LOST SOUL AND JM IS LIKE BEING REBORN

_____

Jonsona actually started composing the new album, not long after the completion of Exemplify - but recording ceased after 60% of the music was done, in June.

J>> It got a great start but I just wasn't ready. I knew if I continued work on the album at that time, I would royally fuck it up so I waited, found other non music related projects to work on, worked on my health and then by the time August rolled around, I felt the spark, I was ready to resume and create and so far, I have really outdone myself!

Normally I beat the hell out of myself, as most artists do I think, with, "Oh, I'm not good enough, oh, that sounds like shit and so do I" - when I was recording Exemplify, I was awful to myself and it was for money (not all of it but most of it was to be... for MONEY) and it hampered my creative process, but with this album, I didn't do it for MONEY and have evolved so much this year and well, I think people and my fans who listen to the new stuff will be able to hear the difference between the two albums. This one has flowed as smooth as butter and I've really impressed myself, with the music, the writing and my vocals, which I actually am usually not fond of (my singing voice) and although I bitch about Exemplify, I love that album too but this one is so much better and as close as I have ever come, in the last 3 years of making music, to recording a professional & high quality studio album. In regards to that, I'd give Jonny Malignity 89%! Or, 4 out of 5 stars.

There have been some trials and tribulations that Jonsona has gone through in these very interesting 2014 & 2015 years, but he is coming out on top, if not financially, then most definitely spiritually!

No comments:

Post a Comment